Monday, November 14, 2011

Ashley Schnarr | Stay-At-Home-Daughter

Today i'm having a guest post interview with Ashley Schnarr from Stay-at-home-daughter.



1. Why did you ever start blogging?

I started blogging for several reasons. I really have a desire to encourage women in biblical femininity and after writing my first book, “Keeping House… While Keeping Sane”, starting a blog seemed like the next step the Lord wanted me to take.

2. When, did you start blogging?

I started blogging seriously in February of this year. I’ve learned so much since then and blogging has been a huge blessing to me and a great ministry opportunity.

3. At what time did you become born again- or ''a full-fledged Jesus follower'' ?

I cannot tell you the exact date of when the Lord drew me to Himself and prompted me to give my life over to Him but I was very young. I have full assurance of His wonderful salvation in my life because I see fruit that I could not grow myself. It was made possible through the work of the Holy Spirit in my life.

4. What are some of your hobbies, or what do you do for fun?

I love to write but I am also interested in music. I sing regularly at my local church and I am also a wedding cake decorator. 

5. Why didn't you choose to go to college?

I chose not to go to college not because I feel college is a bad thing but the Lord just showed me that was not the plan He had for my life. I’ve chosen to live at home with my family and practice homemaking skills and participate in ministry opportunities. 
(Read Ashley's post on this here.)

6. What/who is your favorite band or artist ? 

Currently I am enjoying the recent albums from the Booth Brothers. I love the beautiful harmony and deep Scriptural truths in every song.

7. What is your favorite bible verse( s )?

There are a lot of verses that encourage me but 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 has a special meaning for me. 

“And He has said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness. Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.” {NASB}

8. Can you explain or list anything else about yourself, and or the blog you would like to display?

I really have a passion for encouraging women in the beautiful calling of biblical femininity. Each of us will live this out differently and that’s ok because our God loves diversity but we should be unified by the Gospel. That’s what I strive to share (though I certainly don’t do this perfectly) through my blog and my life. 

Thank you so much, Olivia, for taking the time to interview me on your blog. What a wonderful opportunity! Thank you so much for your blog ministry!
-Ashley Schnarr
www.stayathomedaughter.com 
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
---->
thanks so much for doing this ashley! check out ashley's blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment