Monday, February 24, 2014

my good weekend /// {winter retreat '14}

Our student ministries winter retreat happened last weekend. It was just really good. I had a lot of fun in the cold with everyone. From board games and cookies inside to making snow angels and eating sno cones outside.

1 Peter 2:1-  "So get rid of every kind of evil, every kind of deception, hypocrisy, jealousy, and every kind of slander." This was the theme verse for the weekend, and what we really centered on; hypocrisy. I feel like it was really good. It reached me and definitely made me think and question myself in all areas. I hope it moved others as much as myself.


Saturday night we do candle light sharing. It really is my favorite. Not because we all cry and usually end in tears, but because it shows brokenness, change, and people just share there hearts. We dim the lights and pass around a candle, one by one sharing how the weekend moved us, how we want to change, and what ever else may be on your heart. It is really amazing to see the change and hearts of people. Satan can be so captivating in our lives, but Jesus is even more so. He can heal, change, and make a bunch of no bodies somebodies. 


Some show they have changed, some feel they have changed. I think sometimes we walk away moved, but then go home and we don't really end up doing the change or stay accountable to it. I pray for real change and real brokenness of hearts. Because Jesus is real and that's what he calls of us.












 my snow shoeing crew - I had a blast spending separate time with these lovely girlies.







 I will always miss walking over in the cold, brisk morning to breakfast - groggy and all.









 these girls mean so much to me - I am so thankful to have the love and energy to pour into their lives.









Outside of good teaching and my heart being touched, this weekend was also really fun. I love all of these kids so much, and them making me laugh, and just plain having fun with me is definitely a of that love. We played apples to apples and laughed until my stomach hurt, I snow-shoed with the younger girls, took a late-night gas station run, made a sno cone bar in the snow, sang accapella and didn't really care if we sounded good or not. It was a really great time and I am thankful for the weekend. I wouldn't have wanted to spend it any other way.

1 comment: